Tuesday, February 14, 2012

How much will it cost to drive Honda accord from NYC to Columbus OH

How much will it cost to drive Honda accord from NYC to Columbus OH?
I don't drive as I live in NY, and am just wondering from people who drive all the time about how much this trip will cost me. I also haveto factor in breaking this trip up and staying in a relatively cheap hotel. But r/t flights are $220. I know..not so bad. BUT this is not our vacation...actually we don't like OH just have family there. We are paying for a cabin for the whole family reunion which will be costing a lot for just a weekend, and would rather not spend another$400 on flights. What is your opinion? Oh I will be borrowing my sisters car in MA so I will have to take a bus 4 hours up there to pick it up, and back. Is this feasible?
Other - United States - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
According to a map, it's about 550 miles one way from NYC to Columbus, so a round trip would be 1100 miles. An Accord gets roughly 25-30 mpg while filling up around $3.50 a gallon. Doing the math gets you in the neighborhood of $130-$150 in gas, which should be about 4 total fillups (2 each way). Is it worth it? It's about 8-9 hour trip each way, so that might be a consideration. If a roundtrip flight (I'd guess about 1.5 hours) is only $220, I'd take that option. It's not that much more money if you're traveling alone and saves you a ton of time. But if you don't have the money, then you don't have the money. Also, if you are traveling with anyone else (i.e. not alone), then it is much cheaper overall to drive, especially if you split the gas. I would do that if you can spare the time and coordinate the schedules.
2 :
check out: http://www.search2u.net/flight.htm Good Luck!

Search News