Saturday, March 21, 2009

What happens if you miss a connecting flight because of a delay

What happens if you miss a connecting flight because of a delay?
Example: My plane leaves Seattle, WA and lands in Detroit MI, where I'm supposed to take another plane from Detroit to Coumbus, OH. What if the airport at Seattle is delayed and the delay is so long that by the time I get to Detroit, the Detroit to Columbus flight has already left? Do I just have to go find a hotel room or something, even though it was the airline's fault I missed my plane? Just curious, I'm not actually IN the situation, it just occured to me :P Thanks!
Air Travel - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I go to lady with lily.
2 :
Normally the airlines will book you on the next flight going to your destination. They can even book you on another airline. If there are no flights available the airlines will overnight you at a hotel and pay for your room and a meal. You would then leave out on the first flight the following day. This has happened to me, it was inconvenient, but not the end of the world.
3 :
Ah! I was in this situation flying from Melbourne, Australia to Toronto, Canada. Stopped in Sydney, Honolulu and Vancouver. Long story short - flight was delayed for five (very, very long) hours in Honolulu and was five hours late arriving in Vancouver hence.. I missed my plane to Toronto. Went to the Air Canada's service desk and they fixed it up then and there. No extra charges. Not they would have wanted too, either.. man was I angry! :P Hope that helps! :)

Search News