Sunday, October 7, 2012

Commuting to the airport from NYC during rush hour

Commuting to the airport from NYC during rush hour ?
Hi, just looking for some opinions... I'm a student in the city and on Thursday's I have class until 5:15 in the afternoon. In two weeks I am soppossed to be getting on a plane at laguardia that is scheduled to leave at 7PM, I was wondering if I hopped in a cab right from school (around columbus circle area of NYC) if I could expect to make my flight...normally I fly from JFK and am able to take the airtrain which in total usually only takes me 20 minutes, but now I'm worried about getting to LGA because since I'd be getting into a cab at around 5:15 I'm nervous about traffic and such ... Thanks so much!
New York City - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You're right to be afraid you'll not make the flight during rush hour. 23 minutes if you make all the lights, and there's no traffic, and you don't have to stop and pay a toll. I only ever did it that quick once, and I broke a few rules to do it. If you were on a motorcycle you could do it. See if you can catch the same class earlier in the day or move the flight to later.

Search News