Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Traveling to the Philippines. I need help, please

Traveling to the Philippines. I need help, please?
If it isn't too much trouble, I was wondering if someone could help me with some info to do with traveling over seas. I've never flown before; it scares me. For a first time flier, I was wondering what I needed to fly to the Philippines? I'm a novice when it comes to flier--I don't know anything. I live in Columbus, Ohio, and I'm not sure if the nearest Airport has flights to Cainta, Rizal. So here is my first question. Where do I call to get a flight to Cainta, Rizal, Philippines? From Columbus, Ohio. Or the nearest airport? Second, and third question: Am I able to get a passport at the airport? If not, then where am I able to get one? How long does it take for me to be able to get it? One day, one week? Same day? Fourth question: Is there an online list of things I can not bring onto an airplane? I do not want to be held up anywhere, or have to get rid of anything I can leave at home. Thank you for your help. I appreciate your time, I really do. If there is any more information I should know about, please add it. Thank you very, very much.
Philippines - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
you take the airplane to manila then ride a taxi from yhe airport to cainta
2 :
1. the nearest airport is NAIA google it 2. get ur passport at your consulate in your place then it usually take about 1 month to process it. after u have a pssport u go get a visa. TOURIST VISA it is. are u staying here long? 4. avoid bringing sharp objects, watery things, even powder, bad odor stuffs, something like chemical thing and i think they also ban huge amount of money. pls declare it first in ur airport before departing.
3 :
Your trip to the Philippines.....check with a travel agency & web sites just to get ideas concerning your flight schedule.You can always pick & choose later.As far as your passport is concerned,go to your local or the main branch post office where you live & get all the info you need and apply.My passport only took about 3 weeks to arrive,im not very far from Columbus.By the way,a passport is all you will need for the Philippines up to a 21 day visit & anything over that you will need a visa.(what you can bring onto a flight) just go to any airline web site & you will have all the info your in need of.Hope this can get you started.Good luck & enjoy the Philippines......Mabuhay !
4 :
It is just land trip going to Cainta, Rizal. If it is your first time in the Philippines, I suggest you ask your friend to meet you at the airport. That should be most convenient. You process your passport from your home country. Airport travel tips. http://www.travel-wise.com/tw-flight-guide/airport-faq/dos-donts.aspx Carry On Luggage Knowledge Base http://www.travelweight.com/knowledgebase/browse/9/carryonluggage.html Finally, try to google your airport security guidelines to learn exactly what you can and may not take with you when you fly. Hope this helps. /rhythm
5 :
Here is a guide in applying for you passport. Just go to this link http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_830.html If you will be staying in the Philippines not more than 21 days, there is no need for a visa. In getting to the Philippines you need to have a VISA. You have to process it in a Philippine embassy. For guide, just go to this link for http://www.gov.ph/faqs/visa.asp You may want a travel agency to get to the Philippines. You can search it through google for a traveling agency. There are many, you can choose one. Some agencies offer services in giving you how to do things. You can have a flight to Manila then take a taxi to get to Cainta, Rizal. If you are meeting someone in the Philippines you may ask her to pick you up in the airport so that you won't be taken advantage by some taxi drivers. Von Voyage!
6 :
Ok, starting with the flight... That is nothing to be scared of, and you will probably enjoy it. On the long haul, get an isle seat because you don't want to be crawling across anybody with somebody else's seat in their face just to get to the toilet. ~~~ you will pick up your plane in Columbus, and fly to Seattle, LA, or other connecting city. There you will transfer to another plane (probably a 747 or such), and take it to Manila probably with an intermediate stop like Tokyo or Taipei. Go to a travel agency, and they can arrange the whole itinerary including the airlines to your liking. Passport... I don't know if it still works that way, but I went to the county courthouse and got the application from the county clerk, filled it out, and paid $60 (but that was a long time ago). The processing took about 6 weeks. You don't need a visa if you stay 21 days or less. For more than that, most Philippine travel agencies will be glad to process you a 2 month visa. When you get to Manila (south side of the city), it's best to take a cab to a bus station (I hope somebody here can help you with the bus company and the stops) and take the bus. Otherwise you'll really get ripped off. Finally, do what I do. put your shaving kit (with all the bottles and tubes) except for an electric shaver if you have one, into your check-in bag. Same for liquids and such. My carry-on has my passport, IDs maybe a map, and 1 set of clothes including underwear just in case the big bag winds up in Tibet. (if that happens, the airline will deliver to your door). ~~~ Some more info: the wall sockets may look the same, but will fry whatever you plug in, unless you have 120-240VAC charger, or get yourself a transformer HERE (they're heavy) at any hardware store.

Search News