Monday, March 21, 2011

Will they cancel a plane ticket if

Will they cancel a plane ticket if.....?
I had to come home for family emergency and had a round trip ticket from Delta. Flew from Dubai to Columbus, Ga. I then drove to Ohio to take care of business. I'm due to fly out on the 12th from Columbus, Ga back to Dubai. I need to buy a plane ticket on the 12th from Ohio to Columbus, Ga but one of the stops is in Atlanta then finish in Columbus. I wanted to just stay at the airport in Atlanta instead of going all the way to Columbus then checking back in just to go back to Atlanta. I was told if I didn't make the first flight out of Columbus that Delta would just cancel my whole entire ticket back to Dubai because I missed that one flight. Is it true? I really think its pointless and someone on standby can probably use that seat. Thanks.
Air Travel - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Yep. If you miss the first leg all subsequent legs are cancelled. You could try calling the airline with a sob story, but don't hold your breath waiting for a good outcome.
2 :
what no way you should see your or ring your place of purchase they will dirct you from there hense i think you should see or ring your flight airlines you will go with.
3 :
yep if you miss the first leg of your flight the whole ticket will be cancelled as the airline will think that you are a no show. You could contact the airline and explain the situation to them and see what they say but get everything in writing as even if you are told it will be ok not everything gets communicated to the airport staff and if that is the case you wont be able to fly.
4 :
Unfortunately, it is true. But you can pay the fine if you really want them to change your itinerary. I think it will cost you 150.

Search News