Monday, June 7, 2010

How much does it cost to get a Pilot's license in Columbus Ohio

How much does it cost to get a Pilot's license in Columbus Ohio?
Assuming I get a simulator on my computer and can perfect flight on that and also home-school my ground school. So my question is on top of that how much would it cost for me to be able to fly a) in clear skies b) cloudy skies. Also how long would this take, I am a fast learner.
Aircraft - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
A simulator on your computer is great for familiarizing yourself with various procedures, but you cannot log that experience toward a pilot rating unless it is an FAA approved training device and you receive dual instruction in it from a Certified Flight Instructor. Only a portion of the total flight time required to get your pilot ratings may be accomplished in a simulator. If you are a good student, it will take you about 100 hours to earn a Private Pilot license with an Instrument Rating (40-50 hours training for each). Of that, perhaps 1/4 could be done in a simulator. If you took a one hour lesson 5 days per week you could finish these two ratings in about 6 months. I've helped people get both ratings in as little as two months. The cost would be in the neighborhood $6,000-$7000 for the Private Pilot course and $7000 for the Instrument course at Capital City Aviation in Columbus. See http://www.capitalcityaviation.com and click the link to "our flight training" EDIT: p.s. I don't know who the idiot is that gave the thumbs down for my answer, but I know exactly what I'm talking about and you obviously don't. I do not participate in Yahoo Answers for the points, which are worthless, I do it because I like helping people out and I have the education, training and experience to fully back up my answers. Boo, hiss...

Search News