Friday, December 14, 2012

Drive from Ohio to Texas. . or fly

Drive from Ohio to Texas. . or fly?
Okay. So me and my boyfriend want to go to Houston, TX in April. . . Well we have to fly b/c we live in Ohio and thats just to far to drive, right? Thats like 2000 miles away. Okay we don't have a problem at all getting hotels and flights. . . but he's 19 and I'm 18. How are we supposed to get around if we dont drive, I mean is there any rental cars that will rent ta 19 yo's? I don't really know any alternitives I mean we have enough money to cover flight and hotel and food and alll that good stuff but I dont think we can afford cab fares every where we go for a week. . lol yah know. Would driving be cheaper then flying it would suck bad but we would have a car and http://www.fuelcostcalculator.com/ says that gas from Columbus to houston would be around 300. It was right on my last trip to Florida but I dont know. Round trip tickets for both of us would be 800. I perfer flying but do not know what to do about the car!!! Gr. Can any one give me any advice on this? Thanks Well we drove to Florida and it was fun but loooong.And I say it was about 20 hours in its self. Texas looks kinda far away lol. and no I dont drive yet =\ I am hoping that I will be before April. I know that Alamo will rent to 21 and his brother and his g/f might be going and they are 21 BUT they have a 1 year old son and Im not counting on them going for sure.. yah know. And we are going to Houston b/c thats where Wrestlemania is going to be this year. .
Other - United States - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
The drive isn't that bad. About 18-20 hours total. If you go by way of Memphis you could stop there half way thru and check out the town which is pretty nice. I assume you both drive so it wouldn't be too bad if you did it that way.
2 :
Well to rent a car, you must be 25 and have a credit card to put it on. Flying would be really fast, but driving would be a lot of fun also. It would be fun to stay over in a hotel, and look at everything as you are driving. Me and my friend drove to VA beach from cleveland and it was lots of fun. So driving is the best option i think!
3 :
well with Gas going up and down it could be more than 300 dollars, you have to 25 to rent a car, but why would you want to go to Houston i mean i live an hour from Houston, its fun an all but its not that great and the closest beach here is Galveston and its not that great either. But I perfer flying but its up to you

Search News