Friday, September 21, 2012

Question. Who here would go on a spacewalk if they had the chance?Space Adventures is taking reservations now

Question. Who here would go on a spacewalk if they had the chance?Space Adventures is taking reservations now?
Believe it or not, a company called Space Adventures(spaceadventures.com) is currently talking $980.00 reservations for orbital spacewalks. You can call 1-888-85-SPACE to be put on a reservations list. This is the same company that sent Dennis Tito(that strange looking bald guy), and Mark Shuttleworth. Spacewalks are fully operational now. They cost $33 million, and there is a guy going up monday. The guy that answered the phone told me. I have to say that the first civilians that try it have balls of steel to have the audacity to float in orbital space tethered to a cord.(First guy to do it-Alexei Leonov March '65) Talk about a thrill ride! Again, who here would have the balls to do it? WHo would have the minor balls to take a suborbital flight like Tito to the International Space station? How cool to see Columbus wasn't just whistling dixie for yourself! To speak with a Space Adventures representative call 1-888-85-SPACE...............
Astronomy & Space - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
That is really cool. I would definitely do it. As a struggling college student I can't afford it right now but that is something I will definitely keep in mind!
2 :
Sorry I am too old. I was a comm trouble shooter for N.A.S.A and traveled over much of this earth and always thought I would go.
3 :
I would be first on the list if I had the money, and assuming the company is legit. I wasn't aware any private company was at a point where they could already do this.
4 :
I would rather sail the solar winds, myself.

Search News